Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I JUST LOVE THIS AGE!!!

Things are just so fun these days around here. I just love love love this age Nelson's at now. There's definitely never a dull moment and he's doing/saying new things every day. He listens so closely to his PBS educational shows that he watches and then he'll try and repeat just about everything they say. He's constantly trying to count things (although he never goes over two, LOL). One, two, one, two, one, two.... Then him trying to say his ABC's is just hilarious! He sings this (to the exact tune of the ABC song, "T, B, C, B, C, B, C.... " it cracks me up.
Something funny he did today... this morning he and I were eating breakfast. Boring old eggs and turkey sausage for me... but he was having pancakes. I finished mine and reached over w/ my fork and took one single bite of his pancakes. He looked at me real stern w/ his eyes all squinted and he said, "Heeeeey, you!"
This morning I got him out of his crib and put him in the bed w/ me for a little while before time to get up. There is a big painting to the left of our bed of this woman in victorian type clothing sitting on a chair. Well, just about any woman w/ dark hair and makeup in a picture is "Momma" to him. He was lying there and pointed up to the painting and said, "Momma!". I said, "Nope, that's not Momma." Then he said, "That's Jill!" I laughed and told him no that wasn't Jill either!
I told Steven last night that he now has to offically call me "Momma" all the time and not Jill - because I know Nelson has heard him calling me that! When I was putting Nelson to bed he kept pointing to my chest and saying, "You're Jill". I would tell him, "No! I'm Momma!" and he kept saying, "You're Jill!" Finally he called me Momma. I said, "Yeah, I'm Momma... not Jill." Then I poked my lip out like I was sad and said, "Momma doesn't like it when you call her Jill." THEN this stinker proceeds to hug me, pat my back, and say, "Awwww... Jill... you okay?."
LITTLE STINKER!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a 32 year old mom to a 2 year old little boy named Nelson. He runs me ragged, but I love every minute of it.