Monday, February 18, 2008

It's been a WHILE!!!

I'm a bad blogger. I keep saying I'm gonna do better and I don't. Maybe I really will now. LOL.
I can't believe how fast time goes by when you have kids. Nelson is 20 months old now!!! Man, I just can't believe that. He will be 2 yrs old before I know it. My brother-in-law has a new baby. He is a tiny little joker just like Nelson was. His name is Trinton and he weighs 4 lbs 11 oz. I look at him and it seems like Nelson should still be that tiny. Nelson was actually tinier (is that a word?) because he got down to 4 lbs 6 oz when he was in the NICU. I remember how we would go to the hospital every evening to feed him, give him his bath, weigh him and put him down for the night. We did that for 3 weeks straight (but it seemed like an eternity at the time). We would get sooo happy when he would gain an ounce or two. LOL. Now he's 33 inches and over 25 lbs.
Let' see..... we have a new dog. Her name is Duck. Yes, I said Duck. Nelson named her, go figure. To Nelson, if it's not a ball, it's a duck. A lady was giving away the puppies a couple of weekends ago in the Wal-Mart parking lot. She was so cute and we couldn't resist her (not to mention that Nelson screamed like a wild banchie when we tried to take her away). We asked Nelson, "What do you want to name her? And don't say BALL!" So, he says, "DUCK!" So.... we have a dog named Duck. She really is a cute little thing. I don't know if she will be when she grows up or not though, LOL. She is 1/2 Great Pyranees and 1/2 Basset Hound. I don't even want to know how that could happen. Especially since the mom was the Great Pyranees and the dad was the Basset. haha!
I'll have to take some pics of her one day when it's pretty outside and get some posted on here.... while she's still cute!
Nelson is growing by leaps and bounds. And I do mean leaps... he's jumping and running everywhere now. His favorite thing in the whole wide world is a ball. We buy him all of these expensive toys and he really just wants a ball. If he sees one, he will SCREAM until you give it to him. It's kind of embarassing, really.
We had a great Christas, BTW. Here's a pic from Christmas day night. We went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. Nelson loved it and he was just so excited to be there!
Photobucket

He got this dog for Christmas. It barks and wags it's tail. I don't think Nelson really knew what to make of it. I love the look on his face in this pic! LOL
Photobucket

Christmas WORE HIM OUT!!
Photobucket

And here's the whole family, all dressed up for church yesterday.
Photobucket

A boy and his dog. This is Jack (not Duck! )
Photobucket

I'll try to update later this week w/ hopefully more pics!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a 32 year old mom to a 2 year old little boy named Nelson. He runs me ragged, but I love every minute of it.