Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Let me share more MIRACLES with you!

Okay, in my first entry I mentioned all the miracles I've seen and heard of in my life. I would like to share some of those with y'all. These are just miracles involving my family. I have seen lots and lots more involving other people I know and am close to.

MY PAPAW:
I would have to start off with a story of a miracle passed down to me from my Daddy. This is something that happened to his Daddy (my Papaw) when my Daddy was about 13 years old. He was told by doctors that he had a very limited time to live... likely just weeks. His kidneys were absolutely shot... no filters at all. And this was in the days before dialysis. He was seeing the best doctors around the Nashville, TN area. One of his doctors was Dr. Frist, Sr. So, my Papaw went home expecting to die shortly and got all of his affairs in order. Like I said, my Daddy was on 13 years old at the time. His older brother had already gotten married and left home. So, it was just my Daddy and my Granny there to take care of the farm. One day my Daddy walked across the street to an old grown up apple orchard. He told us how he fell down on his face in the crabb grass under one of the trees and he cried out and prayed to God. He didn't know God back then the way he does now... but he had been brought up going to church every Sunday all his life and he did know who to pray to. He prayed to God and told him how much he needed his Daddy right now.. how much he still had to learn from him.. and asked God to not let him die. Being so young, and not knowing what else to do, he even told God, "If you have to take years off the end of my life to add to his, do it."
Well, my Papaw went downhill and downhill... but time passed by. And weeks later and months later, he was still alive. He finally got to where he looked like death walking.. but he was still alive! Finally, more days and weeks passed by... and he finally started looking better and better. He started feeling well enough to help out on the farm again and go to church again... until finally, it was like nothing was ever wrong with him. He was healthy as a horse!
One day one of his doctor's saw him and said, "Carl! I thought you were dead!" He asked my Papaw to come in for testing and to talk w/ his team of doctors. Well, my Daddy went with him to that appointment that day. They asked him about his diet and if there were any special foods he was eating? Nope. They ran test after test... and then redid them all again. There was nothing wrong with his kidneys!!!
My Papaw lived another 30 years after that... and when he died it had nothing to do w/ his kidneys.


MY SISTER:
When I was 9 years old, my sister, Rita, (who was a week shy of her 17th birthday) started feeling really bad. She was showing all the signs of diabetes (diabetes runs in my family, so my parents knew the signs well). Me, my mom and my sister went to the doctor one day and it seemed like we were there for hours to me! LOL. They did the glucose test on her (as well as lots of blood work) and ran her sugar up to see what it would do and then had her come back a little later... and sure enough she had Type 1 Diabetes. Her doctor wanted to admit her to the hospital to see what their best course of action would be and see if they could get her numbers under better control. We already had it scheduled for my sister, my brother and I to go to Youth Camp at a sister church in Murfreesboro, TN. It was only for Friday, Sat and Sun... so my Momma asked the doctor if it would be okay if she went ahead and went to Youth Camp before being admitted... and she could be admitted on Monday. He agreed to it.
One night, while at Youth Camp, my sister felt led to have the pastor and some other ministers there to pray for her. After prayer, she said she felt like she had been healed.
Well, on Monday she was admitted to the hospital. They checked her blood glucose level and it was normal. So, they did the glucose tests on her all over again.... in fact they did it several times for those few days she was in the hospital. They would run her sugar up sky high... and it would drop right back down to normal. The doctors couldn't explain it... but of course they couldn't! Because God performed this healing!!
Let me backtrack a little here. When my parents first came to know the Lord my sister was just a baby. One night my Daddy was at the altar and the Lord came to him and told him that one day Rita would have a great testimony one day. During this time when she was diagnosed... my Daddy was very upset. He had several family members who were diabetic (and my daddy would eventually be diagnosed type 2 himself) and it was just something he, of course, didn't want his daughter to go through. He was really distraught. One day on the drive to work, he was praying and crying out to God and kind of having a little pity party about it all . Finally God reminded him of what he had told him when Rita was just a baby. And he kinda just told my Daddy to butt out... that this was Rita's testimony!
So, here we are today... my sister is about to turn 39 years old. She has two teenage children. She has had her blood glucose levels monitored sporatically thoughout the years... and she has NEVER (not even during pregnancy) had problems with her sugar levels again!!!


MY DADDY:
My Daddy found out he had extremely high blood pressure when he was 18 and was being drafted to Vietnam. During the physical one of the doc's made him sit in one spot for several hours. He kept checking his blood pressure and finally told my Daddy, "Son, you're a ticking time bomb." That's how extremely high his blood pressure was. He didn't know a thing about it until then. He was in great shape. He grew up working on a farm and playing sports in school. So, needless to say, they wouldn't let him go to war. (that was probably a blessing!) And after that he was on blood pressure meds for many many years. In fact, it was around thirty years later (when I was a teenager myself) that in a church service one night God spoke to my Daddy and told him to quit taking both of his blood pressure meds. He did. The next week he went to the pharmacy to check his blood pressure and it was normal. He went every week and checked it himself at the pharmacy until time to go to his doctor. When he went to his doctor, the doctor told him, "Larry, your blood pressure is better than mine! It's the blood pressure of a 20 year old man!" And my Daddy said, "Well, that's good because I quit taking my meds several weeks ago!"


ME:
Then of course there is me. You all know my story by now. I wasn't given much hope of having a baby and, in fact, had been trying for NINE long years to conceive. But.... how's THIS for a MIRACLE???
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

SO, I've said all that to say this - - Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. He was a Miracle Man in the Bible and He's STILL a Miracle Man to this day! If you've got a problem that you feel is too big for you to handle, hand it over to GOD! He can do ALL things!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing stories! God certainly has given your family quite a few miracles! What a testimony of how some of the trials we go through, even though we don't understand why at the time, are to glorify God and to bless His children!

About Me

My photo
I am a 32 year old mom to a 2 year old little boy named Nelson. He runs me ragged, but I love every minute of it.